Calaguas is a group of islands in Camarines Norte comprising the islands of Tinaga, Guintinua, Maculabo and other smaller islands. The most visited island is Tinaga where the long beach known as Mahabang Buhangin can be found. The island is under the municipality of Vinzons, Camarines Norte but is also accessible via the town of Paracale.
HOW TO GET THERE
Buses ply the Manila-Daet route daily with buslines such as Philtranco and Superlines. Travel time is 7-8 hours depending on traffic and stopovers. Tell the bus conductor to drop you at Talobatib Junction in the town of Labo, Camarines Norte. From Talobatib, you can either wait for the non aircon buses from Daet going to Paracale, fare is 25, or charter tricycles that will bring you to Paracale Port. From Paracale port, you can contact Mang Boy 09085460683 for the boat rates. Since we were merged with other groups, we paid 500 per person. Boat ride to Mahabang Buhangin will take you 1.5-2 hours.
Pasay Central Office: (02) 851-8077-79 Cubao Terminal: (02) 722-7567
Pasay to Daet: Non Aircon: 5:30AM, 8:30AM, 7:30PM Aircon: 8:00AM, 1:00PM, 8:00PM, 9:30PM Gold Service: 9:00PM
Cubao to Daet: Non Aircon: 7:00AM, 5:30PM Aircon: 7:00AM, 8:30PM Gold Service: 8:00PM
Daet to Manila: Non Aircon: 7:00AM, 7:30PM Aircon: 8:00AM, 8:30PM, 9:00PM Gold Service: 8:30PM
Contact Number: (02) 414-3321 / (02) 414-3319
The nearest airport to Calaguas is in Naga, Camarines Sur. From Naga, make your way to Daet, Camarines Norte. Vans are available in Naga going to Daet and travel time is about 2-3 hours. From Daet take a van going to Paracale, travel time is an hour and fare is 60 pesos. You can make your way to Paracale port by tricycle and fare is 8 pesos. From Paracale port, you can contact Mang Boy 09085460683 for the boat rates. Since we were merged with other groups, we paid 500 per person. Boat ride to Mahabang Buhangin will take you 1.5-2 hours.
* Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines and PAL Express have daily flights to Naga Airport.
- Cottages are now available in Mahabang Buhangin but I do encourage everyone to use and spend overnight in the island in a tent.
- To enjoy your weekend visit to Calaguas, it is advisable to take the 9:30PM schedule for you to arrive early morning in Paracale and reaching Calaguas before lunch.
- To survive overnight in the island, you need to bring your food. You can buy meat, fish and vegetables in Paracale market before heading to Paracale Port.
- Paluto is available in the area but if a member of your group has cooking gears, the better.
- Visit the small community in the island which is 30-45 minutes away from Mahabang Buhangin.
- Hike the hills and experience the aerial view of the island.
- You can also ask the boatman if they can drop you to Maculabo Island.
- Side trip to Paracale Church.