Mount Pinatubo’s eruption on June 15, 1991, was considered as the second largest terrestrial eruption of the 20th century after the 1912 eruption of Novarupta in the Alaska Peninsula. The once site of destruction is now a venue of adventure and excitement. Here’s a Mount Pinatubo day tour itinerary and expenses to witness the majestic crater of the volcano.
MOUNT PINATUBO DAY TOUR ITINERARY
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR WALK-IN TREKKERS
Note: They only allow walk-ins from 6 AM to 8 AM so be at the tourism office early or better contact them at least 3 days before your scheduled trek.
- Go to Satellite Tourism Office and ask for one (1) set of guest entry pass form and waiver.
- Fill up the guest entry pass form and waiver (name, address, emergency contact number, and nationality).
- After filling up, give it to Ms. Mailyn Dizon, tourism staff at the registration area and pay the required fees.
- Undergo a briefing by Ms. Edwina Santos, tourism staff on what to expect along the way and at the crater (do’s and dont’s).
- Feel free to ask any questions to the tourism staff regarding the Pinatubo trekking.
- The tourism staff, Ms. Rhoda Estabillo will give and assist you to your designated tour guide and 4×4 vehicle.
- Pack light. Just bring things needed for the trek.
- Wear comfortable outfit. As much as possible wear dry fit shirts and shorts, avoid denim. Better wear trekking shoes and sandals.
- Bring weather protection things. A scarf, hat or cap is enough to protect you from the sun and a raincoat will do just in case it gets cloudy and rainy during your trek.
- Sunblock is an option.
- Bring also with you your personal medicine.
- Extra clothes for going back to Manila.
- Bring food and at least 1 liter of water to be munched along the way and on the crater.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera and accessories to capture the magnificent view.
HOW TO GET THERE
From Manila. Take a Victory Liner bus bound for Dagupan or Baguio. Tell the conductor to drop you in Capas, Tarlac. Travel time is about 3 hours.
Capas Town to Satellite Office. Tricycles can be chartered from Capas Town Proper to Satellite Tourism Office in Barangay Sta. Juliana.
SATELLITE MUNICIPAL TOURISM OFFICE
Brgy. Sta. Juliana, Capas, Tarlac
Ms Mai (0947-3912134)
For 4×4 ride reservation:
Contact Reden Dizon