From the start of planning and creating our Batad itinerary, our schedule set for the trip was only over the weekend. We left GV Florida terminal in Manila around 10:45PM on a Friday night for the 8-hour bus travel to Banaue. The bus has wide leg rooms perfect for the long ride. Since it has only one stopover in Nueva Vizcaya, we arrived in Banaue, Ifugao at 6:30 in the morning.
The bus conductor advised us to book a reservation going back to Manila to ensure our seats since they only utilize one trip. After that, we went directly to the Municipal Tourist Center where we registered and paid a tourist fee of Php20 per person.
From the tourism office, you can plan your itinerary with the list of attractions, guide fees and vehicle rentals available. They can also suggest accommodations if ever you haven’t booked yet.
Before the trip, we booked a reservation in Ramon’s Native Homestay to experience the traditional houses of the Ifugaos. Here’s the complete itinerary and expenses of our overnight visit in Batad and Banaue, Ifugao.
- Another Florida bus leaves Manila earlier at 8:35PM going to Bontoc, Mountain Province passing through Banaue.
- Pack light. You’ll be trekking for more than an hour going up and down the trails so it is better to ensure that your backpack is light.
- Wear comfortable clothes for the trekking.
- Prepare raincoats. Since the place is on a higher altitude, expect light rain anytime of the day especially in the afternoon so better prepare one to cover you as you trek. Good substitute for raincoats are unused large garbage bags.
- It is advisable to hire a guide going to Tappiya Falls. Don’t take the risk.
STANDARD TOUR GUIDE RATES (As per November 2013)
Banaue Tour Guides Organization (BATO) is an association of experienced, trained and accredited local tour guides who are extending quality services to foreign and local tourists visiting the tourist destinations in the Municipality of Banaue.
Destinations Rate (Php) Banaue View Point Sightseeing 250 Viewpoint Trek 700 Banaue Viewpoint, Museum & Trade Center 500 Tam-an Village 300 Poitan Village 500 Tam-an to Poitan Trek 700 Guihob Natural Pool 400 Bangaan Village and Rice Terraces 650 Batad Rice Terraces with Tappiya Falls 1200 Batad – Bangaan Trek 1200 Kinakin – Cambulo – Batad Trek 1500 Hiwang Village 300 Hapao Rice Terraces 650 Hapao Rice Terraces with Hot Spring 750 Hungduan Rice Terraces 850 Ducligan Hot Spring 700 Mayoyao Rice Terraces (escort fee) 750 Sagada, Mt. Province (escort fee) 650 Kiangan Rice Terraces 850