For people who enjoy visiting cultural heritage sites, Vigan City is the best place to visit up north of Luzon. It is the only World Heritage City in the Philippines inscribed in the UNESCO Heritage Sites. Be mesmerized and remember history as you walk along the street of Calle Crisologo. The city showcases the distinctive blend of designs from Asian to European architecture.
Aside from the ancestral houses, a lot of museums can also be found in the locale which includes the birthplace of Father Jose Burgos, Crisologo Museum, Syquia Mansion and Buridek Museum. The city is 408 kilometers away from Manila and can be reached by plane and bus. This Vigan City travel guide will help you explore the heritage city on a budget.
How to Get to Vigan City
Vigan City can be reached via buses in Metro Manila and travel time is about 10-11 hours (except for sleeper bus) and fare for regular air conditioned bus ranges from 650-800 and more than 800 for sleeper or deluxe trips.
Barangay West Kamias, Cubao, Quezon City: (02) 352-5393
Lacson Avenue Corner Earnshaw Street: (02) 743-3809; (02) 912-5354; (02) 781-5894
PARTAS BUS COMPANY
Pasay Terminal: (02) 852-8194
Cubao Terminal: (02) 727-8278
Sampaloc Terminal: (02) 743-3242
Nearest airport to Vigan is in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte. Airlines such as Cebu Pacific, Philippines Airlines, PAL Express and Sea Air have daily flights to Laoag City and travel time is 1 hour. From Laoag City, ride buses bound to Vigan.
WHAT TO DO IN VIGAN CITY
- Visit the Bantay Church and Bell Tower.
- Try the delicious Vigan food such as empanada and sinanglaw.
- Check out the different Plaza near the capitol building.
- Visit the different museums in Vigan such as Father Jose Burgos, Crisologo Museum, Syquia Mansion and Buridek Museum.
- Have a close encounter with the animals in Baluarte of Governor Chavit Singson.
- Take time to reflect in St. Paul Cathedral of Vigan and Simbaan a Bassit.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site marker near the capitol building.
- Wander along the famous street of Calle Crisologo.
- Talk to Mr. Fidel Antiporda and learn his ways of making “burnays”.
- Appreciate nature by dropping by at Hidden Garden.
- Hike Mira Hill and check out the Fil-Spanish Friendship Park.
WHERE TO STAY IN VIGAN CITY
- Casa Teofila Lodge: (077) 722-6482
- Cordillera Inn: (077) 722-2727
- El Juliana Hotel: (077) 722-2994
- Gordion Hotel: (077) 722-2526
- Grandpa’s Inn and Restaurant: (077) 722-2118
- Green R Hotel: (077) 722-6106
- Playa De Oro Resort: (077) 722-8771 to 78
- R.F. Aniceto Mansion: (077) 722-2383
- Vigan Heritage Mansion: (077) 722-6495
- Vigan Plaza Hotel: (077) 722-8552
- Villa Angela Heritage House: (077) 722-2914
- Arcellana’s Lodging House: +639178522547, +639178211119
- Anecito Mansion: (077) 722-2383 to 84
- Condotel Asuncion: (077) 722-8777
- Hem Apartelle: (077) 722-2173
- Hotel Salcedo de Vigan: +639178564588 / (077) 722-1200 / (077) 722-2798
- La Feliza Tourist Inn: (077) 722-2926
- La Fernandina Hotel: (077) 722-2964
- My Vigan Home: (077) 722-6528
- Playa De Oro Resort: (077) 722-8771 to 75 / +639214896853
- Socio Pastoral Center: (077) 722-1442
- UNP Guestel: (077) 722-7291
WHERE TO EAT IN VIGAN CITY
- Arceli’s Breadhaus and Snack Inn – Florentino St./Tel No.: (077) 722-2872
- Café Leona – Crisologo St./Tel No.: (077) 722-2212
- Gaizel’s Carenderia – Gen. Luna St./Tel No.: (077) 722-1041
- La Miranda Spa and Restaurant – Gov. A. Reyes St. cor Gen. Luna St./Tel No.: (077) 722-1020
- Uno Grille – Bonifacio St./Tel No.: (077) 722-2118
Mayor’s Office (077) 722-2466
Vigan Tourism Office (077) 722-8771 to 76
Police Station (077) 722-0890
Other Museums to Visit in Vigan City
Birthplace of Father Jose Burgos Vigan City
Walking Through the Heritage City of Vigan
DIY ITINERARY: 4D3N Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte
More Than Heritage Houses and Burnays