Guimaras is an island-province in the Visayas located between the islands of Panay and Negros. Here is a simple guide on how to get to Guimaras, the “land of sweet mangoes”, from Iloilo International Airport.
From Iloilo International Airport, ride a PUV Express bound to SM Iloilo. Fare is Php50 and travel time is about 30-45 minutes. Some passengers are bound to other municipalities of Iloilo like Molo, so please be sure to get down at SM Iloilo.
Jeepneys with SM City Proper signboard pass by the street going to Ortiz Wharf, just remind the driver you’re going to the wharf, fare is Php8 and about 10-15 minutes travel time. During my visit, waves were larger at the side of Ortiz Wharf so locals advised me to proceed to Parola, the other jump-off point to Guimaras. I took another jeepney bound to Parola and paid another Php8.
Pump boats ply the distance between Iloilo and Guimaras regularly throughout the day. Fare is Php13 and travel time is about 15-20 minutes. You can purchase your ticket at the booth and after signing the manifesto, you can already board your designated boat.
How to Get to Guimaras
There are three major entry points in Guimaras, and pump boats from Ortiz Wharf dock in Jordan Wharf. Please see other details below taken from Guimaras Tourism website.
Jordan Wharf (Brgy. Rizal) – From Ortiz Wharf, Iloilo City
– Daily Trips: From 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM (every 15-30 minutes)
– Travel Time: 15 -20 minutes
– Regular Fare: Php13/pax
– Chartered Trip: Php450 – 570/trip
Jordan Port San Jose / Ro-Ro Wharf (Brgy. Hoskyn) – From Lapuz, Iloilo City
– Chartered Pumpboat can dock but will be charged a Terminal Fee of Php 25/pumpboat
– Chartered Vans and Jeepneys can fetch guests at RO – RO wharf but will pay the Terminal Fee of Php 10/vehicle
MacArthur’s Wharf (Sto. Rosario, Buenavista) – From Parola, Iloilo City
– Daily Trips: From 5:30 AM – 9:00 PM (every 15-30 minutes)
– Travel Time: 15-20 minutes
– Regular Fare: Php13.50/pax
– Chartered Trip: Php470 – 520/trip
For Guimaras Land and Island Tour, please check out my separate Guimaras Travel Guide.